NORA VAN BURGH DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
The WLA Executive Board has established a program to provide funding assistance to those who wish to enhance their effectiveness as library employees through additional educational experience. Non-degreed library employees, a majority of the WLA membership, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Requirement for Application
The applicant must have been a member of the Wyoming Library Association for two (2) years, be a resident of Wyoming, and be employed in a Wyoming library.
Conditions of Grant
- The monies available for grants will be determined during each budget session of the Executive Board of the Wyoming Library Association. Typically, no more than $1000 in grants are awarded in one year.
- Individuals may apply for grants for continuing education activities, workshops, seminars, exchanges, and conferences, as well as for appropriate college and university courses which can be shown to relate directly to one's effectiveness in a library position.
- Deadline for applications is July 15. You may apply either for support of a projected activity, or for reimbursement of an activity occuring since July 1st of the previous year.
- All money will be awarded at the discretion of the WLA Awards/Grants Committee.
- An individual who receives a grant may not apply again for three (3) years.
- In order to share the information and experience with the general membership, a written report, will be required of all grantees with the understanding that the committee may request an appropriate oral or visual presentation at WLA convention or other place deemed by the committee to be appropriate. Report must be submitted or made available for use by the WLA Awards/Grants Committee within 6 months of the completion of the event.
- Should the conditions of the grant not be met, no further consideration would be given that individual for any grant or Association recommendation.
- Grant request meets stated guidelines. (Required of all)
- Applicant's goal for this project are clearly stated including anticipated benefits for personal growth and for the library. (25 points)
- The amount requested is appropriate, reasonable, adequate, and justifiable to support the stated goals. (25 points)
- Applicant states measures to determine success and effectiveness of the project. (25 points)
- Effort includes a plan to publicize grant. (10 points)